Frequently Asked Questions
- Can asphalt cracks be properly repaired? Yes, absolutely. We have the right the proper equipment and our contractors are skilled at repairing cracked driveways and parking lots.
- Is all Asphalt The Same Color? Asphalt is generally black the majority of the time. However, there are instances when a customer may want a lighter shade.
- How often will I need to sealcoat my residential driveway or my business parking lot?
Generally speaking, you will need to approach each case by first evaluating the amount of traffic and traffic type. Residential driveways should generally be sealcoated every 2-3 years. A business parking lot will likely require sealcoating every 1-2 years.
- Does the price of asphalt fluctuate? Yes, the price of asphalt is directly linked to the price of crude oil. Generally when oil prices rise so does the cost of asphalt.
- Why does asphalt have different textures? Typically there is only roughly between 5% -10% of asphalt cement mixed with varying sized aggregates. This results in asphalt with varying textures.
- When is the best time of year to pave my driveway? Paving during warmer weather is best. The amount of workable asphalt time increases in warmer weather allowing for proper application and compacting. In colder weather the asphalt can become unworkable within 20 minutes of application.